Can someone try buildar for building our bootstrap CI images?

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed May 18 05:25:57 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, May 10, 2022 9:06:49 PM CEST Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-05-10 at 20:02 +0200, Ralph Boehme wrote:
> > On 5/6/22 04:57, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:
> > > I'm more than happy to answer any questions.
> >
> > afait this shouldn't be needed given podman can be used to build
> > containers in rootless mode and gitlab plans to support podman in
> > the
> > future as pointed out by Andreas, right?
>
> Well we can't really wait for the future, the need is imminent, unless
> we dedicate our entire GitLab.com quota just to image rebuilds
> (possible, just costly).

I see in the gitlab runner issues that people already use podman 4.x
successfully.

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-runner/-/issues/27119

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-runner/-/issues/28815

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D