A blog about my "Dollar Ticket" attack (Nov 2021 security issue)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 13 06:22:17 UTC 2022

I wrote up
https://www.catalyst.net.nz/blog/stay-curious-lessons-doller-ticket-security-issue
to explain a bit of how we got to the big Nov 2021 security issue.

I do want to say again a really big thanks to everyone who stepped up
to help us in the rush up to November last year.

Also, here is the puff-piece we wrote up regarding finding the issue
https://www.catalyst.net.nz/blog/catalyst-samba-team-fixes-critical-microsoft-security-issue

Oh, and one last thing:

https://msrc.microsoft.com/update-guide/vulnerability/CVE-2022-26931

is credited to me.  Fun times!  MS hasn't put as much detail out on
that one, but I'll talk more once that is public.

Andrew,

Solutions