Can someone try buildar for building our bootstrap CI images?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 10 19:30:43 UTC 2022

On Tue, 2022-05-10 at 21:23 +0200, Ralph Boehme wrote:
> On 5/10/22 21:06, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > >
> > > afait this shouldn't be needed given podman can be used to build
> > > containers in rootless mode and gitlab plans to support podman in
> > > the
> > > future as pointed out by Andreas, right?
> >
> > Well we can't really wait for the future, the need is imminent,
> > unless
> > we dedicate our entire GitLab.com quota just to image rebuilds
> > (possible, just costly).
>
> well, until the future is here I would be ok being restricted to be
> able
> to rebuild images only at the beginning of the month when we're
> still
> within the 50k limit. Or is this too odd?

My initial reaction is that I don't think that is really viable: The
images don't get rebuilt often, but it isn't something that really
should be blocked like that.  Our workflow and the the (to the team)
volunteer resources shouldn't be held up like that.

But I guess if the team has a credit card set up with GitLab I guess we
could add on credits when needed.  I do fear silly effects where a lot
of engineering time is wasted to avoid a $10 or $20 charge being made
however (to the the admin overhead).

Solutions