Can someone try buildar for building our bootstrap CI images?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 10 19:06:49 UTC 2022

On Tue, 2022-05-10 at 20:02 +0200, Ralph Boehme wrote:
> On 5/6/22 04:57, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:
> > I'm more than happy to answer any questions.
>
> afait this shouldn't be needed given podman can be used to build
> containers in rootless mode and gitlab plans to support podman in
> the
> future as pointed out by Andreas, right?

Well we can't really wait for the future, the need is imminent, unless
we dedicate our entire GitLab.com quota just to image rebuilds
(possible, just costly).

> Just trying to connect the dots of the various gitlab related
> threads
> we're spinning...

Yes, I need someone to make that work, to demonstrate (with patches) a
rebuild is possible without the privileged docker, up to and including
the upload of the images to registry.gitlab.com.

Solutions