FAST fast response is missing FX-FAST: Time sync issue

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 30 03:24:43 UTC 2022

I just joined Samba master (eg very close to 4.16) to a Windows 2019
server at functional level 2008R2.

I was getting replication failures until I sorted out my VM's time.

Until I did that and restarted samba I got a lot of LOGON_FAILURE in
the showrepl output and this curious message:

FAST fast response is missing FX-FAST

I mention this not only to get the attention of those who know more,
but also so that when others see this, that they might check their time
sync until we can improve our error descriptions.

Solutions