hex_encode_talloc() in libwbclient

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Mar 28 10:55:27 UTC 2022

28.03.2022 02:52, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:
> On Sat, 2022-03-26 at 20:12 +0300, Michael Tokarev via samba wrote:
>> Right now, I'm trying to deal with one missing symbol when
>> dynamically
>>
>> linking libwbclient.so: it misses hex_encode_talloc symbol since
>> obviously
>>
>> lib/util/util.o file is not included into the wbclient library link
>> line.
>>
>> Is libwbclient.so supposed to be buildable as shared library?
>
> libwbclient as an LGPL shared lib must not depend on lib/util/util.o
>
> We need to work out why we have code that gets brought in to
> libwbclient.so that needs this symbol.

There's nothing, actually. The whole issue was again due to PYTHONHASHSEED=1,
ie, it was an ordering issue, not LGPL-compat issue.

The name libwbclient sneaked in wrongly due to error on my part.
After whole day dealing with all these numerous libraries, I
wrote libwbclient instead of libsmbconf. It was libsmbconf which
failed to build, not libwbclient.

So here, there's no problem, except PYTHONHASHSEED= requirement.

Thanks!

/mjt