heimdal headers ordering (gssapi/gssapi.h, crypto-headers.h)

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Mar 28 09:53:32 UTC 2022

28.03.2022 11:21, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2022-03-28 at 11:13 +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:

>> It'd be very nice to have this fixed inside waf too :)

If not fixing it in waf, but at least waf can check if
PYTHONHASHSEED is set and refuse to run if it is not.
This will save a lot of grief like in that bugreport,
like I encountered too, and like another bugreport
against upstream heimdal with proposals to fix their
headers.. :)

> Just so you know how that works, like the other 'third_party'
> components, to do that we would need to work it with upstream, then
> import a new version.

Is waf also an external tool?  Okay... :)  Anyway, it can
be patched in samba locally just to prevent this from
happening. :)  Hopefully there will be less issues now
once we release 4.16 in debian (and I hope to address
this very issue in the next debian stable upload too).

Thanks!

/mjt