heimdal headers ordering (gssapi/gssapi.h, crypto-headers.h)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 28 08:21:10 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-03-28 at 11:13 +0300, Michael Tokarev via samba-technical
wrote:
> 28.03.2022 11:04, Stefan Metzmacher via samba-technical wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > are your using 'waf build' directly? This that I saw the same
> > problem in the past. Please use 'make' and 'make install',
> > the difference is that it passes PYTHONHASHSEED=1, without that
> > the order is random.
>
> Oh ma!.. Heh.
>
> I was using ./debian/rules build (et al), - this is what I have
> inherited, which was used in Debian for a long time.

Indeed, it is quite old.  I did much of the merged package work,
building in turn on the work of Jelmer Vernooij in particular for the
first 'samba4' packages in Debian.

Being some of the earliest packaging it has references to some of the
earlier ideas (like invoking waf, not the 'compatibility wrappers')
that didn't take hold in Samba.

> Yes indeed, d/rules invokes waf directly without using the
> Makefile wrapper and without setting PYTHONHASHSEED.
>
> This should fix my issue.

:-)

I'm glad this turned out to be (fairly) easy.

> Thank you!
>
> It'd be very nice to have this fixed inside waf too :)

Just so you know how that works, like the other 'third_party'
components, to do that we would need to work it with upstream, then
import a new version.

Solutions