getpwuid(13891) failed Failed to finalize nt token

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 24 09:05:12 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-03-24 at 08:32 +0000, capricorn cap via samba-technical
wrote:
> We have another outdate Debian server with samba 3.5.6 with security
> = Domain. That was configured really long time ago.
>
> I can understand that its EOL but any clue about why I am getting
> this kind of error?

Lets see if I understand this correctly:

You have an extremely old Debian server running Samba 3.5.6 which
appears to be a member of an NT4-style domain.

Is this correct ?

If it is, what is the Domain Controller ? A Samba PDC or an AD DC ?

Please post the smb.conf from the Samba 3.5.6 machine.

Rowland