issues with 4.10.16 UnixWare port

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Sat Mar 5 02:22:02 UTC 2022

Hi Andrew,

On Sat, 5 Mar 2022, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:

> This comes from the default idmap.ldb database values.  You could
> adjust the template.

If only I could find the template. I must be blind.
Before asking here I thought it might be source4/setup/idmap_init.ldif
but dropping some zeros and rebuilding did not change anything. The truss
output still showed
fchown(15, 0, 3000000)                          Err#22 EINVAL

> However as you have noticed the AD DC is totally untested on UnixWare
> and you will hit more problems soon.

I expected problems and wanted to see how far I could get.

> You need xattrs and posix ACLs in particular.

UnixWare like Solaris has ACLs, the #defines for the ACL operations
have different names. Although having been implemented long ago
they my not be up to current standards. I'll have to track down the
specs and research that.

Right, UW does not have xattrs. As near as I can tell, neither does
Solaris or FreeBSD. Is AD DC a Linux only thing?

Fortunately for this port I only need stand-alone capability
or to join an AD domain.

Jeremy, thanks for your feedback also. The UW engineers know
XXXXat() syscalls are needed. Just not here today.

> Andrew Bartlett
>
> On Fri, 2022-03-04 at 10:04 -0800, Tim Rice via samba-technical wrote:
[snip]
> > 2013: open("/var/opt/samba/locks/sysvol", 02000000, 0644) = 14
> > [snip]
> > 2013: fchown(14, 0, 3000000)        Err#22 EINVAL
[snip]

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 456-1146
tim at multitalents.net