AD DC option to use acl_tdb rather than acl_xattr?

John Mulligan phlogistonjohn at asynchrono.us
Fri Jun 3 17:56:49 UTC 2022

Hi Andrew,
During the sambaXP conference you mentioned that there may be an option to
swap the vfs/xattr backend even on an AD DC. I'm interested in using this as
it ought to avoid the need for always running our AD DC container images in a
privileged mode.  You mentioned it should be OK for our use-case where the
sysvol is not heavily used. Unfortunately, I haven't found any documentation
for it. I looked over the interactive help from 'samba-tool' as well as the
wiki and didn't see anything that jumped out at me.

I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. Even if it's an
unreleased feature, or needs a "cheat code".  Thank you very much!

--John M.