mount.cifs broken after update, advice?

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 04:08:24 UTC 2022

This looks like the Samba server bug pointed out in an earlier email
thread by Metze (fixed by
https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=147dd9d58a429695a3b6c6e45c8b0eaafc67908a)

I had trouble reproducing it on my systems but it looks like (based on
Julian Sikorski's testing) when we fixed the netname context to not be
null in some multichannel cases, the reordering of the contexts
(putting netname context after the posix negotiate context) triggered
this bug in some versions of Samba (which was fixed earlier by the
Samba server commit above).

--
Thanks,

Steve