Samba build error: module 'time' has no attribute 'clock'

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 26 17:57:23 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-01-26 at 11:40 -0600, Steve French via samba-technical
wrote:
> Not having much luck building Jeremy's master-smb2 branch (
>
> https://git.samba.org/?p=jra/samba/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-smb2)
>
> on Ubuntu
>

> Anyone recognize this Samba build error and how to fix it?

Try with a very clean tree, if you haven't built Samba for a very long
time.

We had a Samba python file called time.py that could therefore jump in
front of the system time, but I never saw it cause build errors.  We
renamed it a long while back, but an old .pyc file could be the issue.

Solutions