[Announce] Samba 4.15.4 Available for Download

Jule Anger janger at samba.org
Wed Jan 19 15:25:41 UTC 2022

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.15 release series.

Changes since 4.15.3
--------------------

o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 14928: Duplicate SMB file_ids leading to Windows client cache
      poisoning.
    * BUG 14939: smbclient -L doesn't set "client max protocol" to NT1
before
      calling the "Reconnecting with SMB1 for workgroup listing" path.
    * BUG 14944: Missing pop_sec_ctx() in error path inside
close_directory().

o  Pavel Filipenský <pfilipen at redhat.com>
    * BUG 14940: Cross device copy of the crossrename module always fails.
    * BUG 14941: symlinkat function from VFS cap module always fails with an
      error.
    * BUG 14942: Fix possible fsp pointer deference.

o  Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
    * BUG 14934: kill_tcp_connections does not work.

o  Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
    * BUG 14932: Failed to parse NTLMv2_RESPONSE length 95 - Buffer Size
Error -
      NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL.
    * BUG 14935: Can't connect to Windows shares not requiring
authentication
      using KDE/Gnome.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
    * BUG 14945: "smbd --build-options" no longer works without an
smb.conf file.

o  Jones Syue <jonessyue at qnap.com>
    * BUG 14928: Duplicate SMB file_ids leading to Windows client cache
      poisoning.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.libera.chat or the
#samba-technical:matrix.org matrix channel.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 and newer product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID AA99442FB680B620).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

         https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

         https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.15.4.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                         --Enjoy