Debian Samba needs help

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Feb 7 22:18:37 UTC 2022

I don't need to tell anyone here that Debian is an important Linux
distribution, but it is worth remembering that improvements to the
packages there also help our many users on Ubuntu as well.

We all know well the amazing work by Louis to package Samba's currently
supported versions, but this is a different task, more about supporting
the base distribution.

Our users in stable distributions could also really do with some
assistance to ensure that security and high-severity issues are
addressed in a timely manner, but perhaps more strategically there is a
big advantage in ensuring that new distribution versions have current
Samba versions - so they can benefit from upstream support for longer.

So if you are a Debian Developer or have Debian packaging skills,
please do consider and see

I maintain a presence to provide advise to the Debian Samba Team, but
I'm not actively maintaining the package either.

Thanks,

Solutions