Samba | DNS updates allow/deny for SAMBA_INTERAL dns server. (!2271)

Matt Grant matt at mattgrant.net.nz
Wed Aug 17 04:34:41 UTC 2022

Hi Joseph and Douglas!

Should be ready for merge, if there are no further issues.  As below, have
corrected formatting issues.  Please let me know how you go.

Have been through ALL the code and reformatted it, fixed over length lines
past 80 chars that should not be overlength, and fixed functions in if
statements etc as per README.Coding.md

BTW, could you please rerun the fuzzing check on dns_update_get_caddr() in
source4/dns_server/dns_update.c.

There was a return WERR_OK that should have been return WERR_CONTINUE in
the default: part of the switch statement on update->rr_type that was
causing the NULL values in *caddrptr with WERR_OK that you found Douglas.

BTW, does lib/util/access.c have any test suite coverage for the
allow_access*() functions? Looks like it's pretty ancient, pre unit testing
and I can't find any tests...  The stuff I have done for the
dns-updates-allow-deny tests may be the ONLY code that exercises it?

Thank you for all your help,

Matt Grant