ctdb client python bindings

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Apr 28 03:50:32 UTC 2022

On 28/04/22 05:25, Andrew Walker via samba-technical wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I threw together some quick python bindings for a ctdb client. WIP, but any
> feedback would be appreciated (either in-list or direct email to this
> address).

> I've currently thrown together
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/-/commits/anodos325-ctdb_python_bindings

It generally looks good from a Python bindings perspective. It's nicely
arranged, and it looks like you have put some thought into making the
interface python-user-friendly. Whether it makes sense from a ctdb point
of view is beyond me.

I'd prefer a new CTDBError, rather than extending our use of
RuntimeError. This is hard to fix later because the exceptions are part
of the API.

Also I am not sure you have covered all the possible leaks, because a) I
haven't properly looked, and b) it is hard to do and you have ~4000 lines.

If it had tests it would be ready for a MR.

thanks!
Douglas