SMB QUIC

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Fri Sep 17 14:04:58 UTC 2021

Hi,

Am 17.09.21 um 15:37 schrieb Hampus Karlsson via samba-technical:
> Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding  the work on implementing
> SMB QUIC at Samba.
>
> Do you have a set date of when SMB QUIC is available for Samba?

I'm not aware of anyone working on QUIC support in Samba. Afair we're
waiting for Linux kernel QUIC support to materialize, consumable via
standard socket API calls. This would make it MUCH MORE easily
consumable for ALL userspace programs including Samba, instead of using
a userspace QUIC library.

Cheers!
-slow

--