No Tsocket Unit tests? - Re: Samba | libcli:dns: SAMBA_INTERNAL DNS, set forwarder port (!2148)

Matt Grant matt at mattgrant.net.nz
Thu Sep 9 05:16:15 UTC 2021

Hi Uri!

Thank you for helping me while I drill into the tsocket library code.

I have been working  through things, and thought I should check to see if
there are any unit of CI tests for the lib/tsocket code and I cannot find
one single written test for that library.

Please show me where these tests are if they do exist, otherwise I am
asking questions about whether I should be proceeding to touch that library
with new code for stability reasons, until a full test suite is written for
it.  I believe that should be a separate project covered under a different
MR, not this one.

There are reasons I did not want to put that code near that library, and I
think I recall finding not test framework when I wrote the host_port
parsing, and thought I should leave lib/tsocket well alone for ongoing
release stability reasons until something is done about it.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Matt Grant