New developer - CI build failure in /usr/include/gpg-error.h - can't read, not connected with patch at all!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 3 04:00:41 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-09-03 at 15:51 +1200, Matt Grant via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi!
>

> In Merge request 2146, CI pipeline #364432341,  had this unexplained
> failure:
>
> Processing file third_party/socket_wrapper/socket_wrapper.c
> Processing file third_party/uid_wrapper/uid_wrapper.c
> _*genhtml: ERROR: cannot read /usr/include/gpg-error.h*_
> Processing file /usr/include/stdlib.h
> Processing file /usr/include/netdb.h
> Processing file /usr/include/pthread.h
> Processing file /usr/include/grp.h
> Processing file /usr/include/gpg-error.h
> section_end:1630640126:step_script
> section_start:1630640126:cleanup_file_variables
> Cleaning up file based variables
> section_end:1630640126:cleanup_file_variables
> ERROR: Job failed: exit code 1
>
> What gives please?  The patch for the dns forwarder port has nothing
> do with this header file, every thing compiles for me, and the
> dns_forwarder tests run fine on my Dev environment.

This looks like you are somehow attempting a code coverage build.

The issue is that GitLab has helpfully copied he CI/CD configuration
file setting from:
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/settings/ci_cd
https://gitlab.com/grantma/samba/-/settings/ci_cd

Set the CI/CD configuration file back to nothing or if that doesn't
work, '.gitlab-ci.yml'.

Solutions