Multiple idmap servers for failover

Michael Starling mlstarling31 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 15:14:28 UTC 2021

________________________________
From: Alexander Bokovoy <ab at samba.org>
Sent: Friday, November 5, 2021 6:54 AM
To: Andrew Walker <awalker at ixsystems.com>
Cc: Michael Starling <mlstarling31 at hotmail.com>; samba-technical at lists.samba.org <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
Subject: Re: Multiple idmap servers for failover

On to, 04 marras 2021, Andrew Walker via samba-technical wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 1:36 PM Michael Starling via samba-technical <
> samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

> > ________________________________

Correct, here is an excerpt from ldap_initialize manual page:

       ldap_initialize() acts like ldap_init(), but it returns an
       integer indicating either success or the failure reason, and it
       allows to specify details for the connection in the schema
       portion of the URI.  The uri parameter may be a comma-  or
       whitespace-separated  list  of URIs containing only the schema,
       the host, and the port fields.  Apart from ldap, other
       (non-standard) recognized values of the schema field are ldaps
       (LDAP over TLS), ldapi (LDAP over IPC), and cldap (connec‐
       tionless LDAP).  If other fields are present, the behavior is
       undefined.

So, using something like

 ldap_url =  ldaps://host1.example.test,ldaps://host2.example.test,ldaps://host3.example.test

would probably work.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy

Thank you.