Multiple idmap servers for failover

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Nov 4 17:44:49 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-11-04 at 17:35 +0000, Michael Starling wrote:

> [...]

Not saying it isn't possible, it will just be a lot harder and a lot
less secure.

> So this is not possible?

Upgrading to AD will be easier and with the best will in the world,
whilst it has been said that the last version of Samba before SMBv1 is
removed will be maintained, most emphasis is likely to be on the newer
SMBv2 plus version.

As for the multiple ldap servers, this is something you would have to
take up your ldap server provider e.g. Openldap

Rowland