JSON input / output for CLI utilities

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Fri May 28 15:15:18 UTC 2021

Am 27.05.21 um 23:42 schrieb Andrew Walker via samba-technical:
> I know we've added JSON output to a few of the CLI utils. Over the past
> year or so I've added this to various utils in FreeNAS (using libjansson).
> Is there an overall strategy for this? I'd be happy to upstream what I have.

I guess as what you have worked for FreeNAS/TrueNAS and unless it's
somehow tailored to specific usecases, it should be good as is. :)

> Also is there an effort to add support for JSON input to them?

Not that I know of, but that sounds like a nice addition for some tools.
For which tools do you have JSON input support?

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/