If you have the skills, please help package Samba on Debian

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 14 20:17:47 UTC 2021

G'Day Samba users,

I wanted to mention the Debian Samba Team's RFH, Request for Help:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/samba

The bug is old - Samba in Debian has been under-staffed for years - but
the need is still quite current.  The Debian Samba packaging team needs
assistance to triage bugs and prepare stable, unstable and experimental
updates.

I hang around the team to provide some advise - I did some of the big
push to get the merged package built - but this really isn't my area
either.

So particularly if you are involved in Debian, or have those skills and
want to be, please do assist.  It would be much appreciated by many
users here and of course by Debian users worldwide.

Thanks,

Solutions