Contacting primary domain in winbindd trusted domain child process

Shilpa K shilpa.krishnareddy at gmail.com
Thu May 6 08:09:22 UTC 2021

Hello,

When a trusted domain winbindd child process is created in
fork_domain_child(), we try to bring both trusted domain and primary domain
online. I noticed that the one place where we try to contact primary domain
in trusted domain child process is in get_dc_name_via_netlogon(). Could you
please let me know if there are other places or instances where trusted
domain winbindd child process need to contact primary domain?

Thanks,
Shilpa