Other things to drop (was: Re: Drop NIS support)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 24 20:13:27 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-03-24 at 09:12 -0700, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical
wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 05:10:15PM +0100, Andreas Schneider via
> samba-technical wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > could we drop NIS support for Samba 4.15?
> >
> > This means getting rid of lib/replace/system/nis.h and yp_*() ...
>
> +1 from me. Let's see if anyone else is still
> using it.
>
> So the current list for 4.15 will be Tru64, HPUX, NIS.
>
> Any more for any more ?

How about some more of our compilation options?

Could we merge --with-dnsupdate into --with-ads?

Does --without-iconv ever work or make sense (it builds)?
(or in the alternate does anything but UTF-8 still make sense?)

Is --with-fake-kaserver still relevant?

Is there a better way to do --disable-fault-handling
than having a configure options?

On one we can probably agree with, --with-ntvfs-fileserver should just
be a side-effect of other options like --enable-selftest, it should not
be an option on it's own.

commit b990279304b5e2b2ee0f64480cb09eda33f76beb