Heimdal upgrade, really happening this time

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 18 20:41:55 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-06-16 at 11:56 +1200, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
wrote:

> My current draft is up as a MR, and I'll continue to work to upstream
> what I can (into Samba/Heimdal).  I do plan to upgrade Heimdal again
> (perhaps to align to a release in 2021 if they make one) before I
> finally merge the branch.
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/2014

With the current patches on that MR, I think I will have CI passing.
 I'll know more once we rebase on master as
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/2028 fixes some of
the noise-generation.

It is also Saturday here and I should stop :-)

But while there is much still to do to re-enable tests that have been
skipped, I've cleaned up many conflict markers and dealt with the
upstream changes that have landed in the meantime, which is a pretty
good start.

Joseph is also making good progress on landing the Python based tests
that Metze started a while back, see here:
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/1896
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/2001

This will give us much more confidence for the merge.  This new
testsuite approach is a game changer, the Python-based tests have found
a number of important differences and helped us fix those.  It makes me
much more confident to pull the trigger here.

Solutions