Net ads info mixed outputs.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 20 10:12:06 UTC 2021

Good afternoon everybody,

Before i report it as bug..
When you have samba setup you can run : "net ads info"
and you get something like this.

net ads info
LDAP server: 192.168.0.10
LDAP server name: server.internal.dom.tld
Realm: INTERNAL.DOM.REALM
Bind Path: dc=INTERNAL,dc=DOM,dc=TLD
LDAP port: 389
Server time: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 13:32:03 CEST
KDC server: 192.168.0.10
Server time offset: 0
Last machine account password change: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 10:55:08 CEST

Now, i noticed my output is a bit different.

LDAP server: 0.0.0.0
LDAP server name: (null)
Realm: (null)
Bind Path: (null)
LDAP port: 0
Server time: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:57:26 CEST
KDC server: 192.168.0.11
Server time offset: 0
Last machine account password change: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 CET

Now runnig it like this, only the DC with FSMO roles get the correct output.

net ads info -S dc0.internal.domain.tld

Since i have 3 dc's and my outputs change after some queries,
Is this "normal" ?

All servers work fine without errrors, but i would have expected that
net ads info always shows output of the server it connects to and not only the FSMO server?

What did i miss? Anyone suggestion ?

Greetz,

Louis