git signoff+ and review+

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 7 05:17:31 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 19:20 +1200, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 09:28 +0300, Uri Simchoni wrote:
> > On 6/10/20 8:27 AM, Andreas Schneider via samba-technical wrote:
> > > I'm not sure how you exactly want to achieve that. Please educate
> > > me and then
> > > I can help you :-)
> > >

> > How about adding those scripts to Samba, and adding a "samba-git-
> > config"
> > script that would set them up (and then the honorable mentions in
> > the
> > wiki and/or README.Coding)?
>
> When we run ./configure we already set up the
> .git/hooks/pre-commit for the whitespace check.  What I'm suggesting
> is
> that we get a good agreed set of commands and install them on a per-
> repo basis using git config as aliases.
>
> Then we can document them (of course) but even more helpfully
> reference
> them without major qualification from our wiki, README.Coding, etc,
> because they will always be ready to use.

Andreas,

You have been doing aweseme work making our repo 'just work' for new
developers with things like the editorconfig file and the
compile_commands.json.  Is there any chance you could look into this?

We should be able to set these into git with 'git config' of an alias
or three during configure.

Could you see if that might be possible?

Solutions