printer driver type 4

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Mon Jan 18 18:14:55 UTC 2021

Hi Andreas,

Am 18.01.21 um 17:39 schrieb Andreas Schneider via samba-technical:
> On Monday, 18 January 2021 16:15:07 CET Stefan Kania via samba-technical
> wrote:
>> Hello,
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
>> I'm wondering when will Samba support printer driver type 4? For many
>> printers it's not possible any more to get older drivers.
>> Is there some development going on?
>
> there is currently nobody working on this. The work in progress branch has
> been rebased but nobody worked on it since 2017

So in a few years printing will be deprecated? At the moment some
companies still develop type 3printer driver but I think they will stop
doing so. One reason might be the signing of the drivers and Win7 will
be really dead and no windows-user needs type 3 drivers any more.

> https://git.samba.org/?p=gd/samba/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-par-ok
BTW the link is dead, is this a sign :-)))

Stefan

--
Stefan Kania
Landweg 13

Signieren jeder E-Mail hilft Spam zu reduzieren und schützt Ihre
Privatsphäre. Ein kostenfreies Zertifikat erhalten Sie unter
https://www.dgn.de/dgncert/index.html