Certificate services

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 9 08:26:58 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-02-05 at 23:03 -0500, Thomas Epperson via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have there been any efforts or are there any technical boundaries to
> implementing the certificate services in samba (as would be used with
> active directory) ? I am looking to implement it and thought adding
> it to
> samba would make sense.

I've not looked into it but are you thinking in terms of what would
allow a member server to self-issue a certificate in its own name etc?

A CA manager is a complex beast (once CRLs or OCSP etc start happening)
so I wonder if we should bridge any interfaces we need to supply to an
existing project.

But beyond that have a go I suppose!  I've not heard of any other
efforts that are Samba-integrated.

Andrew,