[GIT PULL] new smb3 kernel server (ksmbd)

Namjae Jeon linkinjeon at kernel.org
Tue Aug 31 22:58:29 UTC 2021

Special thanks to Steve and Ronnie.

As soon as I woke up I just noticed that ksmbd was merged into mainline. hurray!

The dream has finally come true since sharing the prototype version
with Steve in 2015. First, Thanks Steve, I think that your advice on
the redesign of ksmbd and what we need for the smb server make current
shape of ksmbd today. Also, I am very grateful to
Ronnie's e-mail telling me not to give up and continue the this
project and lots of technical advice as well!

Really thank you so much for supporting ksmbd upstream again.

<samba-technical at lists.samba.org>:
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:41:33 +0000, pr-tracker-bot at kernel.org wrote:
>
>> The pull request you sent on Sun, 29 Aug 2021 19:32:41 -0500:
>>
>> > git://git.samba.org/ksmbd.git tags/5.15-rc-first-ksmbd-merge
>>
>> has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
>> https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/e24c567b7ecff1c8b6023a10d7f78256cef742c4
>
> In case any one missed it, ksmbd is now queued in Linus' tree for 5.15.
> Congratulations to everyone involved in this fantastic effort!
Thanks for your mail!