djoin support

Philipp Gesang philipp.gesang at intra2net.com
Tue Aug 10 06:59:29 UTC 2021

Hi Samba team,

I’m excited for the “Support for Offline Domain Join (ODJ)” that
was announced for 4.15. I remember dissecting some djoin blobs a
few years ago and successfully extracting the creds.

I’m curious, did you guys receive any official documentation on
the format?

Not sure if that changed but back then MS didn’t specify the
contents of those blobs so we couldn’t assume they were fully
understood and would remain stable. Which is unfortunate, I
think, because it’s the closest thing to a host configuration
file one has when working with AD.

Thanks a lot for implementing this!
Philipp