Autobuild paths too long again

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Tue Aug 3 10:52:07 UTC 2021

On Tue, 03 Aug 2021 11:58:16 +0200, Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
wrote:

> If socket_wrapper is the issue we should see errors that SOCKET_WRAPPER_DIR is
> too long.

I think that's only true if socket wrapper is mapping a TCP socket to a
Unix domain socket.

I'm not saying that socket wrapper is causing the issue.  I'm
suggesting that socket wrapper could be used to solve it, probably by
having an option to map all Unix domain sockets to a short path (e.g.
via a hash).  I don't think this would hide real bugs, I think it would
just hide deficiencies in our test environment. ;-)

> In case of winbind and the windbind socket path, we should not start with a
> clear message what is wrong.

That's true too!

peace & happiness,
martin