domain join stuck at krb5_get_init_creds_password

Shilpa K shilpa.krishnareddy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:37:12 UTC 2021

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the response. I do not have the network traces. In this case, we
were using 'net ads join -k' and 'net ads testuser -k'. But what I got to
know was that there was a firewall for one of the KDCs and Samba tried to
connect to it and the function krb5_sendto() got blocked in connect(). It
appears like the timeout value for connect() was 60seconds. As there were
multiple attempts to connect(), it added to the delay. I tested a fix from
heimdal which uses non blocking connect with timeout and this seems to help.

Thanks,
Shilpa