Code coverage

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Apr 28 19:33:15 UTC 2021

Just a note to say that I've fixed up our code coverage generation, and
we are now at 42% by line and 43% by functions.

This seems to be down over some of the historic numbers I recall, but
we haven't been watching it for some time.

What I wanted to encoruage is folks to look at the areas in red on this
page:
https://samba-team.gitlab.io/samba/index-sort-f.html

If you can find code we can delete or PIDL code we can stop generating,
then everybody wins, as we ship that un-used code as well.

Or of course adding tests for code we use by shows up as unused here.

A long time a go I used to have "callcatcher" running on Samba, but
some effort would be needed to get it going again - Jospeh gave it a go
and it wasn't trivial due to some of the tricky ways we use the
compiler in Samba's build system.

(callcatcher finds globally unused functions)

Solutions