Thank-you! (was: Re: [Announce] Samba 4.12.7, 4.11.13 and 4.10.18 Security Releases Available)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 18 19:11:22 UTC 2020

On Fri, 2020-09-18 at 14:40 +0200, Karolin Seeger via samba-technical
wrote:
> Release Announcements
> ---------------------
>
> These are security releases in order to address the following defect:
>
> o CVE-2020-1472: Unauthenticated domain takeover via netlogon
> ("ZeroLogon").

I just want to say a big and public thank-you to all those who were
part of the effort to get this patched.  A global operation - follow
the sun in style - as each team did what they could and then handed
over the baton to those in Germany, New Zealand, the USA and I'm sure
other places too.

Thanks one and all, but in particular Karolin Seeger, Stefan
Metzmacher, Gary Lockyer, Douglas Bagnall, Günther Deschner, Jeremy
Allison as well as your families and employers who helped make this all
possible.

As this seems settled down for now I'm looking forward to a quiet
weekend and I hope you all can have the same too.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba