PATCH: make disabling of vfs_snapper consistent with our configure/build system

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Wed Sep 2 10:02:36 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-02 at 11:21 +0200 David Disseldorp sent off:
> I respectfully disagree :-). In my opinion "build if possible" behaviour
> leads to:
> - inconsistent build results depending on host state

see my previous mail from Aug 12 for a detailled answer on this.

> - increased wscript complexity

the auto mechanism is not making it more complex. What makes it more complex is
putting in a redundant new configure options, which are not required because
there is already the generic mechanism. See my previous mail for the
inconsitencies also that this introduces.

> - slower waf configure turnaround

also enabled-by-default options need to be tested. The time consumed at
configure time is the same. Only if explicitly disabled there is a time gain.

Björn