can't start smbd after install samba posix branch

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Oct 30 08:28:20 UTC 2020

On 30/10/2020 07:56, Xiaoli Feng via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi,

There is a reason why it doesn't work, you appear to be using one of
Jeremy's git branches where he is working on SMBv3 Unix extensions. The
operative word is 'working', they do not work yet, so I wouldn't use the
branch unless I wanted to test where he had got to 😁

I suggest you wait until the required patches are finished and have been
accepted into Samba master.

Rowland