SOCKET_WRAPPER_PCAP_FILE

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Nov 20 09:29:32 UTC 2020

Am 18.11.20 um 03:43 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> Since this commit (below), using SOCKET_WRAPPER_PCAP_FILE, which is
> still documented in our wiki, has stopped working for me (I bisected to
> this).

The wiki says SOCKET_WRAPPER_PCAP_FILE can be used from *within* the testenv
shell. I guess that's still the case, but that's only for the commands
you execute within that shell.

> All I get is DNS traffic, not the other protocols.
>
> Can I get some new explanation on how to use it now?
>
> I tried using what looks like the new method with
> SOCKET_WRAPPER_PCAP_DIR but I couldn't get that to work on a first try
> either.

That's only an internal helper variable.

SOCKET_WRAPPER_PCAP=1 and SOCKET_WRAPPER_KEEP_PCAP=1 are the controls for make test

I typically use this:

TDB_NO_FSYNC=1 make -j test FAIL_IMMEDIATELY=1 SOCKET_WRAPPER_KEEP_PCAP=1 TESTS='samba3.blackbox.smbclient.s3.SMB3.plain.member_creds.nt4_member'

Under the selftest prefix there's a 'w/pcap/' subdir, with files like these:

env-nt4_dc-nmbd.pcap   env-nt4_dc-smbd.pcap      env-nt4_member-setup.pcap  env-nt4_member-winbindd.pcap
env-nt4_dc-setup.pcap  env-nt4_member-nmbd.pcap  env-nt4_member-smbd.pcap
samba3_blackbox_smbclient_s3_SMB3_plain_member_creds_nt4_member_.pcap

metze