Had a problem with CTDB recently where a winbind process held the lock on a domain controller

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 02:06:00 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

Are there any tools to figure out which node:process is holding a lock?

We recently saw a problem where it seemed like an instance of winbindd
was holding a lock on one of our domain controllers
(winxyz.win.ad.test) and all other instances of winbindd were
deadlocked behind that instance.

After killing lots of instances of winbindd things came good.

While the problem persisted, things like wbinfo -n
administrator at win.ad.test hung. After I killed lots of instances of
winbind, things started working.

What I would like to know is there a tool that can tell me which
node:proces has the lock on a particular node?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe