Checking if Samba is running as an AD DC

hezekiah maina hezekiahmaina3 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:26:58 UTC 2020

Thanks. I tried out the different ways you gave.
I also tried this:
samba-tool testparm --parameter-name=serverrole
which seems a little better as you don't have to provide the path to
smb.conf which could vary with different installations.
Well you can omit the samba-tool and get the same result with testparm but
would have to press Enter to get the desired output.