SambaXP just (virtually) wrapped up.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 28 21:10:45 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 13:58 -0700, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical
wrote:
> Just wanted to say a big *THANKS* to
> everyone who attended this years virtual
> SambaXP conference.
>
> SerNet did an amazing job of changing from
> the usual on-site in Goettingen conference
> to a virtual-only online event.
>
> The talks were recorded and should be
> available soon (I'm sure they'll let
> us know when) from the SambaXP site.
>
> I hope everyone enjoyed it, and now
> I have a boatload of work to do to
> catch up :-).

Thanks Jeremy and the SerNet SambaXP Team!

This is the first conference I've done this this virtual style, and I
was pleasantly surprised how well it worked out.

It was overnight for me, but that has actually worked out fairly well.

While I really miss the hallway track, the European spring air and just
seeing you all in person I don't miss the 30h flights and I actually
hope some of this becomes part of our 'new normal'.

For me what makes SambaXP is the mix of technical talks (like Douglas
showing off what we actually gained in Python3, showing it was worth
the fight with the changes) with the user stories (hearing from
Profelis about their successful migration to Samba in Turkey).

So often, even when we are so close to those stories we miss the
significance until they are presented like this.

Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT