GSoC: Community bonding questions

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 22 11:16:41 UTC 2020

On Fri, 2020-05-22 at 12:32 +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On to, 21 touko 2020, hezekiah maina wrote:
> > G'day everyone,
> >
> > Please correct me if I am wrong. So when you provision an AD DC
> > using the
> > samba-tool command line utility the following files are created or
> > modified:
> >   smb.conf
> >   *.ldb / *.tdb
> >   krb5.conf
> >   resolv.conf
> >   /etc/hosts
> >
> > Are there any other files that Samba creates or changes?
>
> I don't remember the full list but you can generate a difference by
> using 'find' command with -newer check:
>
>  - touch a file before running samba-tool on a system
>  - run samba-tool ...
>  - run find after running samba-tool on a new system

That's a good way to check.  Another is to use the --targetdir option.
This will create all the provision-generated files in a single
directory  tree, and you can examine that.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba