Heimdal upgrade tasks

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri May 15 14:49:12 UTC 2020

Hi Andrew,

> I've had a customer offer to commission some of the work towards Samba
> being a 2012 FL DC, and I've suggested that the Heimdal work you are
> doing might be something I could help out with.

Great!

> Do you have any suggestions about how I can best help you?  I don't
> have a big budget, but if you have some ideas on what I could do in a
> week or so effort that would be awesome.
>
> I'm well aware of your tree at
> https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master4-heimdal
>
> What is and isn't working with that so far?

Try to find the pipeline with the related commit or run a new one.

I think most of it was related to the test cases which rely on the
internals.

I guess it would be good to work on top of
https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-auth

For a start make a copy of python/samba/tests/krb5/as_req_tests.py
and try to add the canon tests.

That would be great.

Thanks!
metze