Gitlab and Sign-Off trailers

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 8 11:46:06 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-05-05 at 17:41 +0200, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've looked into different solutions for checking sign-off trailers:
>
> https://gitlab.com/libssh/libssh-mirror/-/merge_requests/104/commits
>
> I've found one working solution so far.

Thanks for looking into this.

We should also use the merge request checklist feature (as seen on
GnuTLS), in particular to make new contributors consider that they need
to up the 1h timeout on their private forks.

But while I don't want to block this, we really need to pair it with a
single, really good "Contribute" page on the wiki, with a single set of
clear top-to-bottom instructions on how to make a great merge request,
including Signed-off-by, DCO, patch style (mostly the clean, no
reverts) and pointers to our other stuff like coding style.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba