In-tree Crypto removal progress

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 4 01:47:12 UTC 2020

While checking on the previous thread I thought I would see where we
are at with being able to remove the in-tree AES code.

The blocking OS versions (missing the CFB8 and CMAC support) are:
 - Ubuntu 16.04
 - Ubuntu 18.04
 - Debian 9
 - Centos 7 (or build a newer compat library)

We should re-consider our minimum OS versions again 6 months time when
CentOS 7 will feel quite old and Ubuntu 20.20 is likely to be both well
accepted and hopefully installed on sn-devel.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Solutions
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba