network namespace support in selftest (was: Re: socket-wrapper fd-passing)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 24 21:26:55 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-06-24 at 23:14 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher via samba-
technical wrote:
> Hi Anoop,
>
> I rebased your fd-passing patches on top of socket_wrapper master.
>
> See https://gitlab.com/metze/socket_wrapper/-/commits/fd-passing/
>
> Please also notice my commit on top where I added some more hints
> on a better design:

I've not looked into this in any detail at all, and I'm sure you are
aware that with the network namespace mode for selftest we can avoid
socket_wrapper and so base ourselves directly on kernel sockets.

This of course requires privileges so has other implications, but I
wanted to mention this more broadly in case this helps us get out of a
tight spot here.

This is the work Tim Beale did a year or so ago.

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Solutions
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba