gitlab: testing of ldap-ssl-ads option

Isaac Boukris iboukris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:42:53 UTC 2020

Hi Björn

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 10:30 AM Björn Baumbach <bb at sernet.de> wrote:

> On 6/19/20 11:57 PM, Isaac Boukris via samba-technical wrote:

> >> In the raw log I now see the host was "Ubuntu 18.04.4", i'll try that.
> >
> > My bad, it was rather easy to reproduce, it only worked in my lab
> > because I have 'TLS_REQCERT=allow' in ldap.conf.
>
> For testing purposes I typically specify the ca cert the following way:
>
> LDAPTLS_CACERT=/var/lib/samba/private/tls/ca.crt ldapsearch -H ...

Yeah, that was my last attempt in MR 1402 for the ad_dc_ntvfs env (per
some comment, fl2008r2dc uses a self-signed cert), that looks like
working in my lab by not on gitlab yet.

btw, my assumption was that the smb.conf would be taken into effect
for the openldap calls, but it seems not - i need to test more
however.

$ cat st/client/client.conf |grep tls
tls cafile = /home/admin/git/samba/selftest/manage-ca/CA-samba.example.com/Public/CA-samba.example.com-cert.pem
tls crlfile = /home/admin/git/samba/selftest/manage-ca/CA-samba.example.com/Public/CA-samba.example.com-crl.pem
tls verify peer = no_check