gitlab: testing of ldap-ssl-ads option

Isaac Boukris iboukris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 17:45:28 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to add some tests for the ldap-ssl-ads option in
ad_dc_ntvfs and fl2008r2dc environments (as ad_dc doesn't allow SASL
over TLS):
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/1402

The tests work locally but in gitlab I get this error:

 UNEXPECTED(failure): samba4.blackbox.net_ads_tls.join(ad_dc_ntvfs:client)
7111 REASON: Exception: Exception: Failed to issue the StartTLS
instruction: Connect error
7112 Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Connect error
 TLS ../../source4/lib/tls/tls_tstream.c:554 - An unexpected TLS
packet was received.

Does anyone have any idea on this error and why I only get it on gitlab?

Thanks!